June 4th & 5th WRF Project Information Forum Postponed
The June 4th and 5th WRF Project information forums are postponed until further notice. A notification was mailed to City residents; see postcard linked below.
Water Reclamation Facility Spring 2017 Update
Draft Master Water Reclamation Plan – March 2017
The Draft Master Water Reclamation Plan was developed to assess recycled water opportunities in light of the new WRF project.
Draft Water Reclamation Facility Master Plan – November 2016
Water Reclamation Facility Goals
Morro Bay’s Water Reclamation Facility Community Goals, adopted by City Council in December 2013 and amended in February 2014, are:
- Produce tertiary, disinfected wastewater in accordance with Title 22 requirements for unrestricted urban irrigation in a cost effective manner for all ratepayers.
- Design to be able to produce reclaimed wastewater for potential users, which could include public and private landscape areas, agriculture, or groundwater recharge. A master reclamation plan should include a construction schedule and a plan for bringing on recycled water customers in a cost effective manner.
- Allow for onsite composting.
- Design for energy recovery.
- Design to treat contaminants of emerging concern in the future.
- Design to allow for other possible municipal functions, i.e. City Corporation Yard on site, as well as other uses such as public park and education center.
- Ensure compatibility with neighboring land uses.
- Have a new WRF operational prior to the expiration of the discharge permit for the existing wastewater treatment plant (WWTP), being five years more or less.