Draft Water Reclamation Facility Master Plan – November 2016
11-14 Community Meeting – Draft Facility Master Plan
Thanks for all who attended the meeting to learn about the Draft Facility Master Plan! If you missed it or want to review, you can view the presentation slides here: 11-14-16 Community Workshop Presentation
Water Reclamation Facility Goals
Morro Bay’s Water Reclamation Facility Community Goals, adopted by City Council in December 2013 and amended in February 2014, are:
- Produce tertiary, disinfected wastewater in accordance with Title 22 requirements for unrestricted urban irrigation in a cost effective manner for all ratepayers.
- Design to be able to produce reclaimed wastewater for potential users, which could include public and private landscape areas, agriculture, or groundwater recharge. A master reclamation plan should include a construction schedule and a plan for bringing on recycled water customers in a cost effective manner.
- Allow for onsite composting.
- Design for energy recovery.
- Design to treat contaminants of emerging concern in the future.
- Design to allow for other possible municipal functions, i.e. City Corporation Yard on site, as well as other uses such as public park and education center.
- Ensure compatibility with neighboring land uses.
- Have a new WRF operational prior to the expiration of the discharge permit for the existing wastewater treatment plant (WWTP), being five years more or less.