Additional information will be added to this page as construction approaches.
The City of Morro Bay is committed to ensuring you have up-to-date information about construction activities for the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) and WRF Pipelines. One of the best ways to get information is through our email updates. Please complete the contact form here to register your email address for routine project updates. You can also call the project information hotline at 877-MORROBAYH2O or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This phone number and email address are regularly monitored during normal business hours, and inquiries will be returned on the next business day.
What To Expect
As is the case with infrastructure projects in the public right-of-way, you can expect traffic impacts and road or lane closures. One lane of traffic will remain open whenever deemed safe for the public and construction crews. Detours will be implemented, but access for local traffic will be maintained for all residents, businesses and emergency vehicles along the closed road. During construction, the project team will work to minimize inconveniences associated with traffic, construction noise, dust, debris and construction equipment.
The City is committed to working with businesses to minimize disruptions and impacts during construction, and to completing construction with a balance of public safety, coordination with the community and construction efficiency. Driveways will remain open during business hours, and construction across driveways will take place outside of business hours.
Normal construction hours are from Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but some construction activities will occur in the evenings, until 10 p.m. in an effort to minimize impacts to businesses.
- City of Morro Bay Potholing Work Construction Notice – UPDATED – 2019-12-20
- City of Morro Bay Potholing Work Construction Notice – FINAL – 2019-11-22
- WRF Construction Start Notice – FINAL – 2020-04-01
- Underground Soil Testing Construction Notice – FINAL – 2020-05-27
- WRF Construction Naturally Occurring Asbestos Notice – FINAL – 2020-07-29
- WRF Construction Concrete Pour Notice – FINAL – 2020-08-07
- WRF Pipelines Underground Soil Testing Work Notice – FINAL – 2020-08-13
WRF Construction Tour – November 2020
WRF Construction Tour – October 2020
Construction Photos – March 2020