Construction on the Water Reclamation Facility Pipelines is Currently Underway!
- View active work areas, current road closures and up-to-date detours
Check below for the latest construction notices.
The City of Morro Bay is committed to ensuring you have up-to-date information about construction activities for the Water Reclamation Facility (WRF) and WRF Pipelines. One of the best ways to get information is through our email updates. Please complete the contact form here to register your email address for routine project updates. You can also call the project information hotline at 877-MORROBAYH2O, 877-(667-7622) or email email@example.com. This phone number and email address are regularly monitored during normal business hours, and inquiries will be returned on the next business day.
What To Expect
As is the case with infrastructure projects in the public right-of-way, you can expect traffic impacts and road or lane closures. One lane of traffic will remain open whenever deemed safe for the public and construction crews. Detours will be implemented, but access for local traffic will be maintained for all residents, businesses and emergency vehicles along the closed road. During construction, the project team will work to minimize inconveniences associated with traffic, construction noise, dust, debris and construction equipment.
The City is committed to working with businesses to minimize disruptions and impacts during construction, and to completing construction with a balance of public safety, coordination with the community and construction efficiency. Driveways will remain open during business hours.
Normal construction hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and neighbors will be notified in advance about changes in work days/work hours.
- City of Morro Bay Potholing Work Construction Notice – UPDATED – 2019-12-20
- City of Morro Bay Potholing Work Construction Notice – FINAL – 2019-11-22
- WRF Construction Start Notice – FINAL – 2020-04-01
- Underground Soil Testing Construction Notice – FINAL – 2020-05-27
- WRF Construction Naturally Occurring Asbestos Notice – FINAL – 2020-07-29
- WRF Construction Concrete Pour Notice – FINAL – 2020-08-07
- WRF Pipelines Underground Soil Testing Work Notice – FINAL – 2020-08-13
- City of Morro Bay Tree Removal Work Construction Notice – FINAL – 2021-01-25
- City of Morro Bay Pipelines Construction Start Notice – FINAL- 2021-02-01
- City of Morro Bay Pipelines Sewer Bypass Construction Notice – FINAL – 2021-02-18
- City of Morro Bay Pipelines Main Street Construction Notice – FINAL – 2021-03-26
- Our Water News – February 2020
- Our Water News – March 2020
- Our Water News – February 2021
- Our Water News – Business Community Meeting February 2021
Traffic Control Plans
WRF Construction Tour – November 2020
WRF Construction Tour – October 2020
Construction Photos – March 2020
WRF Pipelines and Lift Stations Photos – April 2021
WRF Pipelines Construction – April 2021